Friday, July 29, 2011

cghub challenge ideas

so this is my initial idea for cghubs monthly challenge 3d creature planets "bio organic vessel". I have'nt officially entered yet, and the deadline is 1 week from now but I liked the topic so I'm considering entering with this little number. It's a nautalis speed bike, complete with racer, let me know what you guys think. will post more updates later

Saturday, July 9, 2011

chamberlain beauty shots

chamberlain turntable!!!

Here is the chamberlain all finished up (for the most part) probably gonna go in and tweak a few things here and there, but other than that... DONE!!! so a few insider secrets... the details on the "cloak" on his back... normal map, same with the cuff and spikes, everything else is high rez sculpt toppin out at 5,621,560 polys. No worries, my beast of a computer handled it pretty darn well. BINGO! BANGO! BONGO!

Friday, July 8, 2011

chamberlain update...AGAIN!!!

So here is the torn shirt! Maybe a lil bit of tweaking here and there, but is looking perty good so far, about what I imagined. All that is really left is the cloak over his back, which shouldn't take very long to finish. Once that is pau, gonna import them into the scene file with the completed chamberlain and render away!!!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

chamberlain revisit/update

so I decided to go back into the chamberlain and finish him up. After a few long hours of continuing to fail at displacement implementation in Maya, I decided to "screw it" and just do it up fancy with Mudbox, so I begin with the color. It's funny, in my mind he is not that colorful, but in the film, he's got a pretty wide spectrum, I am also taking quite a bit of liberties anyway. So here is a render out of Mud with the default lighting, but with some tweaks in the material attributes, i.e. fresnel scattering, gloss, etc... so once I get the color to a good enough spot I'm gonna do a pose layer, export that lower rez posed mesh to maya and build the cloak, then send the cloak to muddy for texturing, as I said before I'm gonna try to do as much of the detailing on the cloak straight in Maya, just to keep things simple.